Oregonian Weather


Hey my beautiful readers!

I'm not the one to admit that the places that I've lived so far are notorious for their interchangeable weather, especially their hot and cold weather. I know that it seems like a normal thing to see for a native but for someone who wasn't born in the state. The weather seems way to foreign for them. When I first came to Portland, Oregon, I thought that the weather was really weird and odd because the temperature was in degree fahrenheit and not in degree celsius. But it wasn't really different from what I've gotten used to in South Wales, United Kingdom. In the UK, the weather was similar depending on where you live and you are at a certain point of time. In Oregon, the weather leans more towards the opposite than it is in the city. Confused yet? Here's a snapshot of the weather reports for the course of one week.



Notice the small changes between the two snapshots? Apart from the obvious, one starts from Monday and the other starts from Tuesday. In reality, the temperature changes while the exterior stays the same as I gathered from watching my Memorial Day Weekend vlog over and over again.

Click here for the vlog :)

The weather might change due to a simple weather report during a specific hour of time. I don't think that Mother Nature knows what she's doing when it comes to transitioning from Winter to Summer. It's probably why we have four seasons in a year but that's just what I think. I also think that trying to change the weather for a bajillion countries is hard work. Mother Nature could also be the people around you. The bad weather that's developed inside you is the people how you surround yourself with or the wrong kind of people that you consider as "family". For me, the people who I consider as family are the ones who listens to the things that I have to say. I don't think that I've been okay with my family because I feel like they only listen to me when the topic is boys. That's not okay with me! They even know that I'm asexual because I told them a bajillion of times. And no, I do not want to be a nun. I've always wanted to be doing something in film.

Weather is also a metaphor for how a person is feeling in the inside. Someone could ask you if you are under the weather. Your response could be something like "I'm alright" or "I'm doing fine" but that's the generic way of responding to the question. A creative way of answering the question could be "a storm's coming" or "I'm about to take a rain check on something that I wanted to do all my life." Either way, coming up with a response to a weather related question is not that easy and it's not that hard.


A metaphor is something that can describe your entire day without being too literal about it. I think that the weather metaphor is often over used for relationships, just like so many Taylor Swift songs has used on numerous occasions. And it isn’t that difficult to learn how to use metaphors at a daily basis, because metaphors doesn’t always have a specific point only a lesson or a mentra attached to it.

Till then,
xx

Comments

What To Read Next