Getting Sorted On Pottermore


Hey my beautiful readers!

So, a while ago, I took the Pottermore quizzes and got very interesting results. I was surprised for one of the results that I got for the personality quizzes.


The first quiz that I took on Pottermore is the Hogwarts Houses Sorting Hat Quiz. Before taking the quiz, I first wrote down which house that I think I belong in. I wrote down Ravenclaw because of the artistic side of me tends to gravitate towards Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws values intelligence, wisdom, creativity, and individuality, which I love about the Ravenclaw house growing up in South Wales, United Kingdom.

Upon taking the quiz, I took my time to answer the questions with the answers that I tend to lean more towards or has a greater value in who I am as a person. On the last question, I stopped to think about what makes me the person that I am before answering the question. As a result, the Pottermore quiz sorted me into Hufflepuff which fits about right for me because I'm the type of person who values equality over anything else. Hufflepuffs are dedicated, patient, loyal, and hard working. I know that many people would add kindness onto that list for me but for the people who doesn't value equality and thinks that a woman should do a "woman's job". Those are the people who I wouldn't care about the most because I'm first and foremost a feminist. I believe that a woman should be allowed to make her own decisions in life whether that's having the choice to keep a child or not. Everyone should have the right to a divorce if the marriage is unfair to the woman or the man. Fairness is something that should be valued by everyone.

What makes me a Hufflepuff? Isn't because that's what Pottermore told me that I am. I'm a Hufflepuff because I believe in choice. I think that the choices that we make as children is where we start to grow up. When I was living in South Wales, United Kingdom with my mom and my sister, I was interested in more than just the arts and becoming the person who I wanted to be. I was interested in getting my voice heard about the causes that I believed in. I was also into traveling as a kid. As of now, I've been to so many places in Europe such as Sweden, France, Norway, Spain, and Greece. I've also been inside the real Hogwarts, Edinburgh Castle in Scotland, United Kingdom. When my mom, my sister, and I were in Sweden, we stayed in my aunt's house where I met my cousins and my niece who is roughly four years younger than I am. Call that weird, but if you're a person of color or has family members like mine. It is not weird. It's actually pretty normal.

This brings me to the next quiz that I took on Pottermore. The Ilvermorny House Sorting Quiz. For this quiz, I didn't write anything down because the idea of Ilvermorny was very new to me. I also didn't know anything about Ilvermorny at that time. So, kept an open mind on which house that I would be sorted in. My method for the Ilvermorny quiz was the same as the Hogwarts quiz. I took my time to answer each question. Before I tell you my result, here's a little bit of information on Ilvermorny; Ilvermorny is the North American version of Hogwarts. The wizarding of school has Irish and Purtian origins, just like the beginnings of the United States. Ilvermorny students are sorted by stepping on a Gordian Knot and the statues will react if they want the student to be placed in their house. Just like Hogwarts, Ilvermorny students are sorted into four houses: Horned Serpent, Thunderbird, Wampus, and Pukwudgie.

As I mentioned before that I love to travel, so it wasn't surprising to me that I was sorted in Thunderbird. Thunderbirds represents the soul of a wizard and values adventure. Growing up with family members scattered around the world, travelling from country to country wasn't a stranger to me. I don't see that changing any time for me and my family because there's always family to go to when we have the time and money to travel. Now, I live in Portland, Oregon and I have family members that are in Seattle, Washington and San Francisco, California. For some reason, I don't know if I'm a pure-Thunderbird because I also have a little bit of a Horned Serpent in me. Horned Serpents represents the mind and values scholars, which is funny because it is something that the Asian culture values a lot of. In the Filipino culture, Filipinos values patriotic actions and the health of other people which is a Pukwudgie and a Wampus. So, there's a little bit of those two Ilvermorny houses in me too.

What makes me a Thunderbird? It is not actually my love for travel. It is actually my sense of wanting to be somewhere different than where I'm located. As a little kid, I've never felt like I belonged anywhere because of my family. They've always find ways to upset me, but I couldn't find it in my heart to tell them that their words is something that any kid shouldn't be okay with. They never really gotten to know the real me because they always think that I'm that little girl that they've known for seven years. I guess, it's a Filipino thing to upset your niece or cousin. Because of their words that they said to me when I was little, I kept inside my head because I wanted to prove them wrong. I wanted to show them that I can choose a path for myself just so I can be happy with my life. Adventure to me means an escape from those who brings you down. The people who brought you down as a kid. They're the ones who you should prove wrong. They're the ones that you have to show the real you to because they don't have the right to keep on telling you what to do. You are first and foremost a person who has different values, ideals, and beliefs than they do because you are thought by the people around you the causes that will mean the world to you. To me, adventure also means seeing the world from a different point of view. Believe it or not; Adventure means many different things to different people. These are just a few of mine. These are the things that makes me a Thunderbird and I am proud of that.

The Pottermore Sorting Quizzes really opened up a lot of things that I never knew about myself before. So, I needed to take the other quizzes available for me to take. One of them was the wand quiz. Of course, every Potternerd would be jump to the chance on getting a wand that was held by their favorite Harry Potter character. For me, that was Ginny Weasley and the Yew wand. I connected to Ginny because of how she reacted when she was first introduced to Harry. I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I wanted to get introduced to a cute guy without freaking out. I'm going to be honest with you and tell you that I would react the same way as Ginny did when she first met Harry.

How the wand quiz works? The wand quiz works like a virtual avatar maker, but you have to answer the questions as true as you can to your own physical appearance, what you would describe yourself  as, and a few senarios. When I took the wand quiz, I answered each question honestly but never the same way that I would answer a reflection sheet for therapists because I lied on those. For each question, I took my time on each question because for once I wasn't being judged by anyone. The quiz wasn't something that I would write about but here I am writing about a wand quiz. Haha!

In the process of taking the quiz, I blocked everyone around me out of my head so that I was alone as I took the quiz. The result of this quiz surprised me quite a lot because I didn't expect it at all. I expected to get matched with the Yew wand because that's what Ginny had. Yet, the wand does chooses the wizard and not the other way round. That was the surprising part because I was matched with an English Oak wand that has a Dragon heartstring for its core and is 9 1/2" tall in length. The wand that I was matched with was also "Surprisingly Swishy" in flexibility. I find this surprising because I grew up knowing that I was flexible. I was actually more flexible than the other students around me.

The Patronus Quiz was the last quiz that I took on Pottermore because it was also the only quiz that I haven't answered. It is also a timed quiz so you have to work against the clock in order to answer each question. Pottermore does tell you at the start that you can go for your first instincts because that's how the quiz will determine which animal is your Patronus. This quiz is also different from the other two because it's a this or that quiz. According to hypable.com, there are 142 known Patronus thus far including a Heron (JK Rowling's Patronus) and a Hippogriff. Out of the 142 known Patronuses, mine was a Dolphin. If you Google "Dolphin," the first thing that you'll read is from Wikipedia and it says: "Dolphins are a widely distributed and diverse group of aquatic mammals," which is something that I know applies to the Asian culture because people are reluctant to see that Asians are a diverse group of people just like Dolphins are. Dolphins are also highly intelligent marine mammals, which you can judge for yourself by answering these two questions: are all Asians smart? Or do Asians work a lot harder than other cultures does?

Lastly, if there was a Pottermore quiz on which Wizarding School that you belong in, that would be so cool because of the possibilities that's currently available such as Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, Durmstrang Institute, Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and of course, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. If you want me to create a quiz for this on a website, let me know in the comments section because it might be a fun little experiment.

Till then,

Comments

  1. I'm technically Ginny Weasley. All others who disagree can kiss my ass!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What To Read Next