The Gift Of A Friend



A while ago, I sent an entire paragraph to a friend of mine, Mia about my problems and she's willing to listen to me and asks me if I'm okay. I admire her for that. And it got me thinking about having someone to talk to even if they don't live close to you or lives in a different state than you, they will always be there for you no matter how far they are. And that my friends, is a true friend in the making.

To find someone who is willing to listen to you when you needed it the them the most, you need to seek the place where you feel most welcomed. And that was social media to me. I go on social media to release some steam or talk to people who knows what it is like to be in my shoes, but for me to find people like that in real life takes a lot of time and effort. Because at the end of the day, wherever you feel comfortable with wouldn't always be there for you.

So, how do you find welcoming people in real life and how easy it is? To find these types of people, you will need to look to the people who are different than you do but who has almost the same biography as you do. I know that may sound weird or clique but you can find someone like you that way. You can find people who are willing to listen to what you have to say but at the same time disagree with you. You will also need to find people who are willing to push you out of your comfort zone because those are the people who always have your full support no matter that it is that you want to do in life.

Let's take Elle Woods as an example. She, just like everyone else, had her ups and her downs and she also have something that made her say to herself that she need to do more than be comfortable in her own shoes and wear all of the fancy clothes and be pink and merry. Nope! She pushed herself and never challenges anything to her limits. Elle Woods goes above and beyond what people assumed that she can do. Because she had a friend that believed in her, she had Emmett to believe in her. We all need that in our lives. We need people like Emmett to push ourselves out of our comfort zones and do something that may shock people because shock is the new comfort in this day of age. But Elle Woods also had Paulette, Paulette was the person who listened to her. And Mia was that person for me, she listened to what I have to say because she cared and she didn't want me to get upset.


Having a Paulette in my life made me a better person, Mia made me see that what I want to do in life maybe tough and will be a roller coaster ride. But the important thing was, crossing paths with Mia on social media changed my life. I had someone that I could talk to and Mia is the Paulette to my Elle Woods. So, as I venture on to completing my certification degree for Video Production, I will have my mind focused on the people who is there for me and not the ones who have judged me in the past. I will not be overshadowed by the fear of being alone in this world. I am not alone. I have a friend like Mia to cheer me on. And that my friends, is the true gift of friendship.

What can you take away from this? You can take away the fact that friends can be made everywhere on just in school or in your local communities.

To my fellow Elle Woodses, you are not alone. You are going to do something that you are proud of. You are going to be pushing all of the limits and bending all of the rules to make things go your way. Because let's face it, there always a loophole in every rule given. Find the courage to never give up hope because honey, you are hope. You are the reason why you need to fight for your place to call your own.

I know, for a fact that I have issues and problems that I wanted solved but the truth is sometimes problems and issues are meant to never get solved. Leaving people guessing on why you didn't say anything may want people to get to know you a lot better. You matter. You need for people to know what you are thinking not what you are into. Because people wanting to know who you are, is the best way to get to know a person. Leave every people who has doubted your abilities guessing. Leave people knowing that you mean business.

Always have a friend by your side to understand what you are going through. Even if no one around you will listen, you have someone will listen to you eventually. You'll always have a friend to talk to. Never ever forget that.

Till then!
x

Comments

What To Read Next